Monday, January 11, 2010

a middle aged shack--resolutionless.

I don't make New Year's resolutions for a lot of reasons. I don't want to set myself up for failure. I don't want to acknowledge my faults at that level. I don't want to be stuffy and cliche. I need stuff that bleeds.
I feel like I need to make a getaway. I want to be a middle aged woman, wrinkled and looking out at the sea from a shack she's made herself.
But if I did make resolutions they would be these.
stand up taller. be more honest about my feelings in certain situations. trust myself more. pick up yoga. go days without makeup and feel more confident.
see. faults. you see them.
I've never REALLY actually seriously considered things like not getting out of bed for a day or REALLY eating cereal for every meal or following a fad diet.
But sometimes I still sell out.

No comments: