Monday, December 22, 2008

He Knows What's Up.



Some favorite Brennonisms as of late:


  • Playing UNO, as he looks at the pile: "What are the options?
  • After sticking a tissue entirely up his left nostril: "The tissue catches it when the stuff falls out of this pipe."
  • About Mom's clam chowder: "Remember the last time I tried this? I did not like it, Mom." Dad insisted he try it again-he put a dribble up to his mouth and was already gagging. When Dad yelped, "Put that whole big bite in your mouth!", little obedient Brennon put it in-but didn't make it much farther. The poor child regurgitated it back into his bowl and Dad determined that he could be done. I guess he knows what he's talking about.

  • He led the songs for FHE tonight-with a KNEX stick. He's headed straight for the symphony, seriously-he pointed to everyone with different flourishes on "Here We Are Together" and bobbled to the beat of "O Come All Ye Faithful." I wish you could see it.

  • "I'm just going to play some lovely Christmas music on the piano." He then proceeded to play and sing moving renditions of "Jingle Bells" and "Picture A Christmas"- I went in the piano room and he was swaying in the dark. Music is in his blood and guts, I guess-a boy after my own heart.

*I'm going to be better about remembering and recording these. Many more to come, I'm sure.

  • When some people came to bring us Christmas treats last night: "You're letting all the cold air in!"
  • The last seconds on the Christmas phone call with Garrett: "Garrett, I'm sorry. I have bad news. It's bad. I'm sick. (coughs) I have a cold." (This is totally made up, by the way.) Other made up injuries include a "leg that was kind of having a problem" for which he constructed a crutch from a wrapping paper tube, and a "cast" made from folded knee pad and rope. "Brooke. I can't move this arm." Me: "Why not?" Brennon: "Ummmmmm...it's broken."
  • Singing "Deck the Halls" to Garrett on the phone: "Bon feshow our day of herald..." (don we now our gay apparel)
  • Dad: "What are you going to do if Santa can't bring you your Star Wars ship?" Brennon: "Try not to bawl." Dad: "What if you can't?" Brennon (thinks for a minute): "I'll just try not to whine."


3 comments:

kaylie jean. said...

BAHA

I was literally laughing out loud. oh, B. He's so funny.

kendra and jeffrey said...

These are my favorite! I am so glad you shared them.

give me more!

Claire said...

Oh my goodness. Please do keep recording these!
I was laughing out loud.