Monday, April 6, 2009

Wonderful Tonight

I wish I could express everything that was the essence of today.

I feel wonderful.
I guess that (now) sums it up. There are lots of efforts behind the feeling wonderful; lots of wonderING, pondering, second-guessing. But I chose.
I'm grateful for agency, for the power to choose. I'm grateful that I've been given a sound mind and the opportunity-and responsibilty-to make decisions for myself. I'm grateful for that now. Sometimes I'm thrown off balance and want to receive a divine manifestation with fireworks and laughing/crying hysteria for every single decision-but I'm grateful for a God who steps in when He knows I need Him, and steps back-but never away-when He knows I need that, too.
I've been seeking change for so long, and almost waiting for it to fall in my lap, although I thought I was doing all in my power. But now I'm ready to step up to the plate-and bring my own bat, if I have to. This tutorial is so magnificently orchestrated. I know I don't get even a fraction of it. But sometimes I catch glimpses. And whoah-it's awesome.

3 comments:

kendra and jeffrey said...

You are an inspiration! I am so proud to call you my friend.

Also you make some mean chocolate chip cookies ;)

Claire said...

You sure brought your own bat today, love. I'm so proud of you. I'm grateful for the chance to learn from your strength.
Thanks for that.

kaylie jean. said...

I think this means what I think it means. Do you think I'm right in my thoughts?

:)

We should talk. I love you. Also, I can't wait to see you on Thursday.