Saturday, February 28, 2009

Radiohead

I've failed as a sister.
We're driving home from Eric's basketball game today and fighting over the radio, as usual. I'm skipping past all the stupid junk that's on nowadays (I feel like an old granny, but it's true) and all of the sudden Brennon pipes up: "GO BACK! I LOVE THAT SONG!" What? Brennon could usually care less about what's on, he just bops his head, and occasionally smiles if I'm dancing like an idiot. But this song, apparently, was so wonderful that he HAD to have it on. I switched it back and tears filled my eyes.
Taylor Swift, Love Story. SERIOUSLY???!!
So I laugh and respond, "No, no, you don't want that song. That song is stupid." I keep flitting through the stations and start to notice Brennon is singing something. I stop for a minute. He sings louder: "You'll be the prince/and I'll be the princess..." AGHHHH!!!!! Who stole my child in the middle of the night and corrupted him?? Criminals, roaming free...preying on innocent little good-music loving boys. What is this world coming to?
I wish it ended there.
ADELE, Chasing Pavements came on.
*If you haven't partaken of the incredible blend of talent and amazingness that is ADELE yet, you can do so here.
(I know-amazing, right?!)
I'm singing along at the top of my lungs, and Brennon shouts over me: "Please change it!"
askjdkj.dklaf.
Luckily I still had Eric on my side-or so I thought-when we were walking in the door and he asked, "Does she say 'chasing pavements' or 'chasing penguins'?"

I've got my work cut out for me, apparently.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love that this post is called Radiohead.
Because I thought to myself "I didn't know Brooke listens to Radiohead," but there is no actual mention of said band.

and good luck, Brooke. Taylor Swift, really?

brooke said...

I know, right?
And I thought I was so clever, because Radiohead is another one I'd deem myself a failure for.